How to get to Braunfels
... by train and bus
- from Frankfurt or Kassel via Gießen to Wetzlar
- from Köln (Cologne)/Ruhr district/ Siegen via Siegen to Wetzlar
- from Koblenz/Limburg to Leun/Braunfels (RB) or Wetzlar (RE), from the ICE stop at Limburg there is a shuttle bus to take passengers to the Lahn line at Limburg.
- from Wetzlar take the bus #185 for Braunfels (Europaplatz) or the regional train (RB) for Limburg/Koblenz to Lahnbahnhof/Leun/Braunfels (4 km outside town). Some trains connect to bus route 182 for Braunfels. ... by car
- from Frankfurt/Main Take autobahn A3 north for Cologne (Köln) to exit #42 (Limburg-Nord), then follow road B49 for Gießen to exit Leun/Braunfels. Turn right for Leun/Lahnbahnhof on leaving road B49, and right again for Braunfels, then follow the local traffic signs.
- from Dortmund Take autobahn A45 for Frankfurt to exit # 30 (Wetzlar-Ost), then follow road B49 for Limburg to exit Solms for Braunfels. Passing through Solms via Burgsolms and Oberndorf, follow Wetzlarer Straße into Braunfels, then follow the local traffic signs.
- from Gießen take road B49 for Wetzlar/Limburg. Leave at the Solms exit for Braunfels. Passing through Solms via Burgsolms and Oberndorf follow Wetzlarer Straße into Braunfels and then follow the local traffic signs.... by bicycle
- from Wetzlar take Lahntalradweg (Lahn Valley Cycle Path) R7 to Burgsolms.
- from Limburg take Lahntalradweg (Lahn Valley Cycle Path) R7 to Leun-Lahnbahnhof.
From either location to Braunfels on ordinary or forest roads.